Jen Leslie Events is seeking a top-notch Associate Wedding Planner to join their team part-time. The candidate will coordinate and execute 5-10+ weddings per calendar year. Whether an intimate wedding for 50 in the San Juan Islands, or a 250+ wedding at an industrial venue downtown; Jen Leslie Event’s is looking for someone who is extremely detail oriented, has an eye for style and a love for people and the great outdoors.
Candidate will work with the Owner on special assignments to drive business and brand recognition while meeting customer needs. He/she should have a solid understanding of event planning and execution of social events or weddings; and experience in the business and/or wedding industry is a plus. Demonstrated commitment to excellence, flexibility, poise, confidence and the ability to interface with clients in a professional manner is a must.
This position pays $20.00/hour plus reimbursement for any travel expenses for wedding weekends and client tips.
- Manage all wedding clients independently once they’ve been assigned by the Owner. Tasks could include (but not limited to): sourcing vendors, creating custom timelines and floor plans, communicating and coordinating with vendors, leading the ceremony rehearsal, main point of contact on the wedding day responsible for set-up, greeting vendors, overseeing the timeline, and clean-up. All while efficiently communicating with the client and maintaining the relationship.
- Attend consult meetings with potential new clients
- Assist with marketing projects such as industry event displays, styled shoots, and/or blog posts
- Light administrative tasks such as preparing client gifts, restocking supply kits, etc.
- Attend monthly team meetings
- Represent the Jen Leslie Events brand in a positive light, always working with a customer service attitude
Skills & Experience
- Passion for creating and implementing memorable experiences—we love ideas that are outside of the box!
- Experience managing complex schedules
- Knowledgeable about Seattle area event venues and vendors
- Ability to set priorities and work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously; while remaining flexible and consistently meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Maintains professional composure at all times, specifically when engaging with Jen Leslie Events clientele
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills and experience in MS Suite
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and do light physical labor
- Event management experience (not just assisting at events, but managing an event from start to finish, bonus if it’s a wedding!)
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
- Must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement and a non-compete agreement
To apply please complete our application below:
Accepting applications until August 18, 2019